Weddings are very expensive, and as a guest, it's not cheap for you either (think outfit, hair/makeup (maybe), travel costs (flight, gas, accomodations, taxi), shower gifts, stag/staggette costs ... see what I mean? It adds up for you as well all before you've even shelled out the buckaroos for the wedding gift.
Here are 5 wedding gift ideas that cost you little to no money:
- Volunteer your skills/service prior to the wedding. Maybe you bake a mean cake, or are fabulous with a thred and needle and can whip up a fabulous veil in no time! What can you offer as your gift?
- Welcome committee!! Arrange to pick up guests who are arriving by plane, train or bus, welcoming them with a BIG SIGN and providing them a nice, no-cost lift to their hotel. Not only a fabulous gift, but an easy way to make new friends.
- Maid for a day! One bride of mine told be how one of her bridesmaids had cleaned her and her hubby's apartment the day before the wedding. She loved coming home to a spankin' clean apartment as her first night as a hot new wife.
- Video Homage! Create a fun video montage for your friends and slip it into the card box. My friend's made us a video for our wedding gift and we LOVED it!
- Baby or Pet Sitter! Maybe your friend's have children or pets? How about offer them a weekend away from obligations and baby/pet sit? Who wouldn't love a weekend to themselves to do nothing but .. snuggle :)
I would love to hear more ideas from you!